- General Meeting January 28th!!!The Royal Vic for the Public Coalition invites organizations within the Montreal region to an information and consultation session. We will be discussing the ecological and communitarian future of the decommissioned Royal Victoria Hospital.
- New Beds and Personnel Added to the Royal Vic Shelters50 extra beds have been added to the Royal Vic’s red zone, where people who are homeless and have tested positive reside. This comes as […]
- Opening of Montreal’s First Wet Shelter PostponedThe program for supervised alcohol consumption among people who are homeless was set to open at the site of the Royal Vic January 1st. It […]
- Heritage Montreal and Les amis de la montagne: A collective future for the Royal VicThe presidents of Heritage Montreal and “Les amis de la montagne” have come out in La Presse demanding confirmation from the provincial and municipal government […]
- Royal Vic for the Public | Newsletter #1A few months ago, we solicited several organizations in Montreal to support an open letter that we intended to publish in both French and English […]
We are a Montreal-wide coalition that advocates for the Royal Victoria hospital to remain devoted to the common good. The site of the hospital must remain in the public domain, be managed democratically and ecologically, and be used to serve urgent needs in our communities…
The provincial government has mandated the Société Québécoise des Infrastructures (SQI) to conduct a master plan on the future use of the Royal Victoria Hospital. They have authorized McGill University to explore using a portion of the pavilions as a campus…
In the middle of the pandemic, the coalition organized a march on September 4th, 2020. There were families, speeches, politicians, media, and even a choir!
After the coalition’s march, we published the “Open Letter of the Royal Vic for the Public Coalition” that was signed by over 56 community organizations. Still open for signatures!
Consultation & Research
We are studying and consulting to explore community uses for the site of the former Royal Victoria Hospital.
If you want to find out more, there is lots of useful documentation!
Click here for news reports, photos, and videos about the hospital and our Coalition.
Contact us to keep in the loop and get involved!